The iron ready light of my Philips Steam Iron is blinking
Published on 04 April 2023
If your Philips Steam Iron's iron ready light is blinking, read our troubleshooting advice below to solve this.
The "iron ready light" automatically turns blue or white to indicate the temperature/steam state of the iron required based on what fabric is ironed. The iron ready light automatically turns blue to indicate that the iron is in the optimal state for certain fabrics like silk and polyester, as shown in the left side of the image below.
When the iron ready light turns white, as shown in the right side of the image below, the iron is providing higher temperature/steam for other type of fabrics, for example, cotton, linen and denim.
In both cases mentioned above, this shows that the ActiveSense technology working, and this is normal.
- Only applicable for the models: Azur 8000 Series (DST80xx), Azur Elite (GC503x), Azur Advanced (GC493x), PerfectCare Azur (GC491x), PerfectCare Xpress (GC505x), Azur 7500 Series (GC75xx), Azur 7000 Series (GC70xx), Azur 4900 Series (GC49xx), selected Azur GC4500 series (GC4549, GC455x), PerfectCare Powerlife (GC392x), selected 5000 Series (DST5030, DST504x), selected 3000 Series (DST303x, DST3040), EasySpeed (GC1756, GC1758)
The iron will shut off automatically when:
- It remains still on its soleplate for a certain period of time (depending on the model it can be 2 minutes or 30 seconds, please refer to the user manual on the timing for your iron model);
- or standing still on its heel rest for 8 minutes.
When the iron enters the Auto Shut Off (ASO) state, the iron temperature will decrease and the "iron ready light" will start blinking non-stop until:
- the iron is unplugged from the power socket/switched off completely,
- the iron has been moved/shifted,
- ironing session has been resumed.
When the iron has been moved/shifted, it will start to heat up again. Once the "iron ready light" stops blinking and remains lit, the iron is ready to be used.
If the above solutions did not help answer your questions, contact us for further assistance.
Our site can best be viewed with the latest version of Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Firefox.